Turningpoint Technologies Limited is committed to high standards of health and safety. It is our policy, as a company, to maintain high standards and to encourage our staff to contribute to their own welfare and that of their colleagues. Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment places demands on everyone but the resultant benefits are worth the effort.
Ensuring safety awareness, positive attitudes and continuous improvement in safety performance requires the commitment and active involvement of Directors, Managers, and staff at all levels. Our objective is, so far reasonably practicable, to avoid accidents, injuries and damage to property, and to converse the environment. The company will, in the conduct of its activities and so far, as is reasonably practicable.
- Protect the health and safety of its employees and others that may be affected by its activities.
- Limit adverse effects on the physical environment in which those activities are carried out.
Turningpoint Technologies Limited recognises that the talents and energies of its employees are amongst its greatest assets and its responsibility to provide for their welfare. So far as is reasonably practical,
Turningpoint Technologies Limited will:
- Provide and maintain safe working environments that do not constitute risks to health and welfare.
- Formulate standards that comply with relevant statutory requirements in respect of health, safety and the environment, as they affect employees, customers, contractors and the public.
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards with regard to health, safety of the environment in current processes and working systems.
- Train employees to be aware of their own responsibilities in respect of health, safety and the environment matters, to ensure they participate in the prevention of accidents and the industrial disease.
- Without detracting from the contractors own legal responsibility, Turningpoint Technologies Limited will ensure that contractors are informed of relevant standards, have been trained in safety procedures, and are monitored for compliance.
- Establish procedures for monitoring compliance with safety standards and co-operate with authorities and technical organisation, to ensure policies are kept up to date.
- Establish safety committees to maintain effective control of health and safety measures.
- Every employee has a personal responsibility for observing safety policies, rules and procedures. They are encouraged to develop an interest and enthusiasm in health and safety issues.
The responsibility for establishing and maintaining policies on health and safety matters lies with the Directors of Turningpoint Technologies Limited.
This statement of general policy on health and safety at work is made under section 2 (3) of the health and safety at work etc. Act 1974. It is to be brought to the notice of all employees of Turningpoint Technologies Limited.